Sid Sahrawat’s Lamb meatballs with Karahi curry sauce and broccolini
500 gms of lamb mince
2 tablespoons of ginger-garlic paste (mince equal parts whole ginger and garlic or store bought)
Salt to season
50 gms raisins
2 tablespoons Cassia at Home Tandoori Masala spice blend
100 mls of olive oil to pan fry
200 gms broccolini or asparagus cut into 5 cm chunks
1 jar of Cassia at Home Karahi curry sauce
50 gms slivered almonds
Handful of coriander leaves picked to garnish
Rice or naan to serve
- In a mixing bowl mix together the lamb mince with the ginger garlic paste, salt, raisins, tandoori masala. Shape the lamb mix into golf size balls using wet hands and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan on medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot add the lamb meatballs to the oil and cook until all sides are coloured evenly.
- Next add the broccoli (or asparagus) into the same fry pan and sauté briefly for about a minute.
- Open the jar of Karahi curry sauce and add it to the fry pan with the meatballs and vegetables. Warm the curry sauce for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- While the curry sauce is heating, in another small fry pan dry roast the slivered almonds until they are toasted, set aside in a small bowl.
- Remove the pan with meatballs and curry sauce from the heat and spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with the toasted almonds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or naan as desired.