Sid Sahrawat’s Indian roast chicken, cabbage, roast potatoes and Makhani curry sauce
For the Chicken
4 chicken marylands (leg and thigh bone in, skin on)
50 mls olive oil for marinade
3 tbsp Cassia at home Tandoori Masala
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste (mince equal parts whole ginger and garlic or store bought)
Salt to season
For the roast vegetables
500gms Agria potatoes cut into wedges
Half a cabbage, cut into quarters with the stem intact
Salt to season
3 teaspoons Cassia at Home Tandoori masala
4 tablespoons Olive oil
1 tablespoon Cassia at home Chaat Masala to season after cooking
1 jar Cassia at Home Makhani curry sauce.
Handful of coriander leaves picked to garnish.
- Score the skin of the chicken and add to the mixing bowl with the marinade ingredients.
- Coat the chicken legs with the marinade and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°C. Put a roasting rack in a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Place chicken legs skin side up and cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes until you get a crispy skin and the chicken is cooked.
- If making the roasted vegetables, add them into the oven at this stage.
- Line another roasting tray with baking paper. Add the potato wedges and cabbage; sprinkle the potatoes and cabbage with salt, tandoori masala and olive oil Give them a quick mix to coat properly.
- Put into the oven and cook for 15 minutes and then give the vegetables a mix gently so that they cook evenly.
- Cook for another 15 minutes until all the vegetables are crispy and fully cooked. Remove from oven and season with the Cassia at Home Chaat Masala and put into a separate serving bowl.
- In a saucepan on low heat warm the contents of one jar of Cassia at home Makhani Curry sauce and set aside.
- On each plate place the cooked chicken leg on the left hand side.
- Place the cabbage and potato on the other half of the plate.
- Spoon the sauce on the middle of the plate and serve the roast potatoes in a bowl on the side.
- Garnish with coriander.