Prep time 6 hours
Cooking time 1 hour
Tandoori chicken is to Indians what Roast Chicken is to the rest of the world. Here is our easy Cassia at Home Tandoori Chicken recipe with raita. On your next Sunday dinner or BBQ, watch everyone dig into this recipe, wrapping their chicken with naan and dolloping some raita over it.
1 whole chicken spatchcocked, innards discarded.
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons Kashmiri chili powder see above
3 tablespoons Cassia at Home Tandoori masala
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
3 cloves garlic minced
1 lemon juiced
3/4 cup thick yoghurt
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Lebanese cucumber or ½ telegraph cucumber, grated
1/4 cup chopped coriander
10 chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1 teaspoon Cassia at Home Chaat masala
Steamed basmati rice
- Using a paper towel, pat your chicken dry all over and put in a large bowl.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients for the chicken marinade.
- Apply marinade all over the chicken, place the chicken covered in a bowl overnight or in a zip lock bag for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, place a baking sheet on a rimmed baking tray or roasting tray and put in the oven.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 82 degrees on a probe thermometer.
- While the chicken is roasting make the raita: combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove chicken from oven, allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before cutting up Season with Cassia at Home chaat masala, Garnish with coriander and serve.
- Serve cooked chicken with raita, naan or rice.